Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Solo date night part deux

I have been reading this blog and I find it tremendously entertaining. I want to comment but I'm afraid to delurk. Mostly because I want to date Lonely Monkey but obviously can't.
http://notenoughmonkeys.blogspot.com/

I went to see Mamma Mia and Sex and the City today. And yes, I paid for both. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with rah rah wedding love crap. But overall, I enjoyed them both. Laughed and cried and sighed at the handsome men. I've been waiting an eternity for Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan to be in a movie together. I can't say more without spoilers so I'll refrain. I also love Chris Noth in a pre-Big, Mike Logan way. God, I want all three of those men to chase me down and whisper love letters from great men in my ear. At the same time.

Speaking of, I think I turned down a date. The Kid asked me out to dinner tomorrow night. I declined. Because I don't want to go. I saw him on Sunday and I know I don't want to date him and this is too soon for me to hang out with a new male friend. So I made my regrets plausibly because I need to spend a full day in the lab tomorrow and those days always go longer than anticipated. I said I would feel bad making tentative plans knowing I might have to bail at the last minute. I hope he isn't disappointed. I'm obviously making a huge assumption that he is more than just lonely and looking for a friend. But I don't want to go. So I'm not. I'm saying no. Unusual for me. I want to call Grey. But I won't. Because that won't make me feel better either.

So, instead, I'm going to dance around the living room in the dark for a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if the blog: http://notenoughmonkeys.blogspot.com/ might be the new project of whomever used to write soveryalon.com???? Maybe?? The comments by the two of them on the last blog entry of soveryalone.com looked fixed and placed to point us there? I dunno...maybe I over think things.

cb in nm

Ms Behaviour said...

Hmmm, interesting observation. But I'm going to disagree only because LOTR isn't listed in either favourite movies or books.

Anonymous said...

True it is not, but I think that all three are made up characters with made up blog profiles. I could be totally off the mark, but it is fun imagining there might be a connection. HA!

cb in nm