Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hell in a handbasket

Everything went to hell in a handbasket this morning. I don't normally blog at school but I'm sitting here trying not to burst into tears. My results are an order of magnitude lower than they should be and we can't figure out why. My supervisor thinks that either I misdiluted or there was accelerated biological activity in my stock solution. I'm defrosting it right now to run a sample. I'm almost hoping for the second because, if it's not that, then I screwed up large and everything I've done since July has been a complete waste of time. Maybe I shouldn't run this sample after all :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I guess science must be like that, sometimes. On the other hand, maybe you've achieved something without realizing it. You could always take a break and then start over.