Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08

Today has not been a particularly auspicious day and I am very superstitious when it comes to Chinese culture. If somebody asked me to pick a number between 1 and 10, I would pick 8. 1 and 100, 88. 4 is unlucky. And I never give clocks as gifts. My point being that I have a fever of 101.3 and rising, apparently. I fell asleep both times I tried to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Fortunately I recorded it. Both times.

Denis came by with drugs which was good of him. A friend called and offered but then, when she found out that my friend who hates her husband was coming anyway, she called and told her what I needed. Unfortunately, she only showed up with zucchini banana loaf and lemons. So I text messaged Denis and he delivered. Extra strength ibuprofen and extra strength neo citran. We didn't really talk about too much as I felt like I was going to fall over. I wanted to ask him if he put his profile back online after we got back or some time during the weekend. But I guess it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. There are many things I like about him but there are enough that drive me nuts.

I wish Grey was more affectionate and caring.

No comments: