Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Please-itis part duh

I have another example of Please-itis. I agreed to go with Baby today to pick up her wedding ring because she wanted to go shopping. My instinct was to say no knowing that the traffic would be bad on account of the pouring rain all day. But I agreed because I'm a big pussy.

I traveled 20 km to the mall to meet her and spent over an hour and a half in the car. After an hour of being trapped in gridlock, she suggested doing it another time but by that point there were no exits which would take me home. When we got to the mall, she could only spend an hour because her fiance had agreed to dinner at her parents house and forgot to tell her. I used a quarter of a tank of gas for nothing and have been cranky since 5 pm.

And, after all that, not only did the fiance fail to show up for dinner with the parents, he hasn't bought a ring, applied for the marriage license or compiled a list of songs for the dj. I'm not doing anything else wedding related until after Thanksgiving. Except for sending the bachelorette party evite.

In the meantime, I need to figure out how to politely tell Denis to disappear. Perhaps I'll tell him that I have a new boyfriend and his name is Asshat and he has a really cute dog. Manly dog. No cuddly kitty cats.

No comments: