Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Doggy style

Well the weekend wasn't a total write off. On Sunday afternoon, I walked my coworker's dogs for 3 hours. That was pretty great. They're both soft-coated Wheaton terriers and well-behaved for the most part. We parked on Lakeshore, walked along the boardwalk, went up the Humber River to Old Mill where we stopped for ice creams (man those dogs love soft serve), came back down to Bloor street and walked over to and through High Park back down to Lakeshore. My hip flexors and hamstrings were shot.

Grey called while we were walking them. I ended up at his place later that evening - after about an hour of hair removal followed by an hour of yoga to get all stretched out - and we had dinner, watched TV, watched Indiana Jones (wow, was that trippy or was I *high*?) and had fabulous sex. I stayed over and the spooning was really nice. It would be nice if I could get more than a couple of consecutive hours of sleep while I was with him. I think his bed is too soft. I'm starting to get very used to this arrangement. I wish the scheduling was a bit more predictable but I'm wondering if it would be such a bad thing to randomly date for a few years while keeping Grey going on the side as a sure thing. Sort of one foot in, one foot out. More out, I guess.

All in all, not a terrible weekend. Plus, Denis never called so I dodged that bullet. And X's mother emailed me. There's pumpkin pie with my name on it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, belatedly. If Denis didn't call, that's something to be thankful for, at least.

I read on another blog that you Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving by eating the traditional roast beaver and then re-enacting the war of 1812 in full battle costume, sometimes causing panic in Buffalo, NY. So it's reassuring to read that you had a quiet day of dog-walking, yoga and fornication.

Alexandreena said...

As the previous commenter wonderfully stated, dog-walking, yoga, and fornication amount to a great holiday in my book.