Sunday, May 25, 2008

Train wreck

I'm not functioning too well right now. I'm exhausted from only getting 3 hours of sleep last night and I didn't really get in a good nap. I had a great day with Grey until he got bored with the sex, practically kicked me out and implied that he had another woman coming over in the evening. Unfortunately for him, he offered to pick me up this morning so he had to drive me home afterwards and our conversation in the car was not productive. To make a long story short, I got upset and explained to him that the reason I didn't want to hear about his other sexual misadventures was because it's too hard on my self-esteem. And he said he wasn't sleeping with anyone else. So I asked him why he continued to insinuate that he was if it wasn't true. And he said I misunderstood his meaning. Maybe I overreacted because I'm so tired. Much other stuff was said but nothing was resolved. It probably doesn't bear dissecting any further. I am not going to contact him this week. I'm not sure if we're still going to the concert together next week. I won't be surprised if he uninvites me. Disappointed and heartbroken, but unsurprised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This isn't profound, but it seems to me that your relationship with Grey is feeding your self-esteem problem and you're in a vicious circle of never being quite satisfied and resulting disappointment. Are there not other dating opportunities available to you in your big city? Match.com or something? You might find that Grey's suddenly more interested in you if he thinks you're interested in somebody else.