Sunday, May 18, 2008

First wedding of the year

Lesson learned tonight: Don't wear Spanx to a Chinese banquet. Also, how come some brides get to wear two wedding dresses? Two! I probably won't even get to wear one. I can understand wanting to wear white and also a traditional outfit but I don't really understand wearing one white dress to the ceremony and a second to the reception. It seems a bit excessive to me but what the hell do I know?

I had a relatively good time this evening but it was a long, drawn out affair. It took almost 5 hours to get from cocktails to cake. I even had far too much to drink but was sober hours before it was time to drive home. The bonbonnieres were good though. Mints and lip balm and hand lotion and "love blooms". I guess you plant the seeds and they bloom. I get the significance but I think it's completely cheesy.

I can't decide how I feel about love and marriage and weddings anymore. Friday evening and this morning with Grey were nice. We watched tv and had dinner and talked and had sex. He let me watch 27 Dresses this morning which was surprisingly funny and cute. Last night, X called me some time after Grey passed out while I was watching Law and Order. He was in Kelowna for the weekend and thought of me. Two years ago to the day, we took our very last road trip to the Okanagan. We hit a whole bunch of wineries and provincial parks. Hiked and sat on the beach and had a really great time. It was nice that he thought of me. I just wish it hadn't been quite so late and I hadn't been sitting next to a sleeping Grey. I couldn't really talk. But it was nice to get the phone call anyway.

Anyway, I need to get my make up off and go to bed. Another long lab day tomorrow. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I could use another rainy day.

No comments: