Sunday, July 27, 2008

Progress

I just talked to Grey. I really am quite unimpressed with him despite missing him and his cooking and his fabulous apartment. He text messaged me "how are you?" last night. I responded this morning with "I'm good. You?" and he wrote back that he was just touching base. So I sent him a scathing, sarcastic "Wow I feel so special! It's almost as though we had a conversation! Have the boards arrived? How's vball? I played "wax" for 42 points the other day. There now I feel better. Have a great day." He called promptly and went through the motions of talking to me. His "nice talking to you" was appallingly insincere. Ugh. I hate him right now. It's a fine line, I guess. Maybe I can stay here on the other side of it.

I've been spending time with Denis. He said he would take whatever I can give. I'm not sure about him still but feel so comfortable just being around him. Talking to him is like an extension of my brain. It's almost as though there are no filters.

And I think I have a date this afternoon. I think that dinner on Thursday was a set up. I think he's a lot younger than me only having finished his undergrad two years ago. But he seems like a nice guy and I'd like to get to know him if only because he's a friend I met through people who are like family to me. He asked me to a movie last night which I politely declined and suggested a matinee today. We're going to see Kung-Fu Panda. But first, wedding stuff with Baby.

No comments: