Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Green shoes


I have got to stop shopping. I went to the mall today to pick up these shoes that I ordered. I first saw them in the US when I was at Nordstrom for $59.99 and that was out of my budget for green shoes. Hell, it was out of my budget for any shoes. So, when I saw them here, I decided I had to at least try them on again. They didn't have my size so I had to wait for them to be shipped from a different mall. When they finally arrived today, there was a black mark on the right shoe. And that shoe had clearly been on the floor for some time because it was more than a little dirty. But it was the only pair left in 7.5 anywhere in the country. So the manager let me have them for $39.99. Not bad, I think.

I also bought myself an inflating air pad at Costco for $34.99, a sleeping bag from Canadian Tire for $8 (I know!) and a dress and two tops (blue and brown, I have it in pink already) from Mexx because everything in the store was 50% off. I'm most annoyed about having to replace my toothpaste. My guests accidentally packed mine so they bought me a tube to replace it. However, they bought the wrong kind. They also bought me some Dove soap. It is scented and I only use unscented. I'm not sure what to do with it. It hardly makes an appropriate regift. Maybe I'll take it to the gym.

Anyway, I get to meet a new client tomorrow. I'm very excited about this work. And not just because it's the same company that Grey works for and I might end up training him. How crazy would that be? So, off to bed. I'm still under the weather and tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

Update: I still haven't made it to bed almost 2 hours later. I just talked to X for half an hour about relationships and how all the married people I know are fucking miserable. I'm not 100% sure what the reason was for his call. Perhaps to tell me the dates he and the fiancee will be in Ontario in August. Oh wait, I remember now. It was to tell me that his parents almost put down their dear old dog this weekend. That made me cry.

No comments: