Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Monday meh

It occurs to me how anticlimactic this Montreal trip was. It was supposed to be different. Maybe not better, but there was supposed to be a more conclusive outcome. Wasn't there?

Nothing happened today. The Crush's "Will touch base w/u 2moro" didn't materialize. Surprise, surprise. Oh, I messaged The Other Guy asking if we should be facebook friends again after Friday night's vomit fiasco. He said yes on the basis that he clearly needs someone to periodically swab the decks. I am changing his name to Captain Vomit. He's a pirate. He probably thinks that makes me his wench.

Wait, there was one minor event this afternoon. I had coffee with my American buddy from school. He asked me if I would have dated him had he been single when we met. I refused to answer on the basis that there is nothing to be gained from hypothetical conjecture. Plus, his wife is lovely and I'm annoyed that he would even ask. I punched him which he took to be a good sign. Then I said "you interpret that whichever way will make you happiest my dear" which he took as a bad sign.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, swabbing up someone's drunken vomit certainly will stop you from seeing sparkles whenever you think of him. That's learning the truth about someone the hard way, though. It's probably for the best. I think that long-distance relationships are even more doomed than proximate ones. The yank with hypothetical adultery on his mind doesn't sound like a prize, either.

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to count how many trips I've taken that were anticlimactic in the end. All the times I've hear people go on and on about how they took some trip and had some amazing revelation in their life... nope, hasn't happened here.

You friend's question seems to have elicited quite a strong reaction...

Ms Behaviour said...

Because he's one of my closest friends now. I haven't bonded with his wife and doubt that I ever will. She's very reserved and clingy and I'm very not. I think he and I would hypothetically have a lot of fun together because we are such good friends but there's no reason to think about it. Plus, I am so sick of unavailable men being attracted to me. What's up with that? Okay, don't answer. I do know. Let's not think about that or ever bring it up again mkay?