Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gruntled

Ugh, I feel so gruntled today. I don't know what's wrong with me. Hormones maybe? I feel edgy and restless and exhausted and unfulfilled. I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and I should have a crapload of work to do but I can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'll take tomorrow off and be a bum. After all, that's what I did all day yesterday. I went to work today but there wasn't too much for me to do. I don't want to spend any time with any of my friends either. I had dinner with J tonight and that was okay but only because he's low maintenance and doesn't require much conversation. Why can't I find a man like that? Just a guy who wants to have dinner and watch the game with me. Seriously, is that too much to ask??

Ugh, I'm going to bed.

7 comments:

Alexandreena said...

I had that sort of day yesterday. Unfortunately, I also had people to take disgruntleness on.

SaneAndSingle said...

I've been having these days a lot lately. I think it may be the holidays. Yeah, I want a man who will just do dinner and watch a game/movie with me. Why is dating so hard???

Anonymous said...

Heck, I know how you feel. That's been my mood for a couple of months now!

Anonymous said...

Apart from the hormones, you're doubtlessly feeling a letdown after having such high hopes for the Montreal trip and then having to clean up le vomi(as us francophiles say) instead. At least it wasn't entirely like one of those trips that Harlan took. Just move on, I guess.

Ms Behaviour said...

Oh Asshat, I just laughed my face off! Bisous muah ;)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure what to expect checking back, Moshizzle. It's good to see there's something to check back to, seeing that you kept your blog up and running. Too bad our man Harlan hasn't done the same. I was happy to see, too, that you and that other Harlan alum, Asshat, are still something of an item.

I hope this current gruntlement (which I take to mean disgruntlement, like how flammable can mean imflammable) is short-lived and aberrant. Of course, if the root cause is guy disconnect, all bets are off, I'm afraid. That whole Martian Venutian thing is damned difficult to figure. It sure seems like you've got reasonable terms, though I get into trouble when I start opining on such matters.

I can't remember whether it was Jean-Jacques Rousseau or Jean-Pierre Voyer who said, "Ze happiness eez lak ze butterfly -- and sometimes ze butterfly lands in ze vomi."

Hope you sort it all out, Mo!

Your earnest friend, E

Ms Behaviour said...

Earnest! You have made my day! I am so glad you're back! As you can see by all the exclamation marks, I missed you :) The gruntlement is now over and I attribute it to hormones and December despondency. And it's true that I couldn't live without my Asshat.