Sunday, March 22, 2009

Medicating with food

I was on the subway platform today at Queen's Park. It doesn't really matter why or where I was going. I stood there, leaning against the wall and my thoughts wandered over to C le V. And I got all teary eyed and weepy. On the fucking subway platform.

What the hell is wrong with me?

On a totally unrelated note, I have decided what my five main food groups are: cheese, chocolate, coffee, carbs and alcohol. I wanted to make "dessert" a food group but there are so many desserts I can't eat because they are made with eggs.

I had pancakes today for the first time in years. They were egg-free. Tomorrow I intend to eat more. They're banana pancakes but I don't have maple syrup so I'm going to eat them with nutella instead. Right after pilates class. Then I'm going to bake brownies in the evening. I think the only civilized way to get through single Sundays is with copious quantities of chocolate.

Is it still considered drinking alone if I go out for brunch by myself and have a mimosa?

3 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

I dreamed this morning that it was Monday evening and I hadn't gone to work. I didn't have a reason for not going to work. I just decided that I didn't want to go to work on Mondays anymore. My boss called to ask me why I wasn't at work but I didn't take the call and I didn't call him back. I wonder if it's a sign.

Awkward, for you said...

looks like someone has a case of the Mondays

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, this sounds so much like my experience last fall. Unfortunately, I have go spectacular advice for you, especially given that I found myself idly thinking back to her the other day. Sheesh.

Hopefully you'll find someone who replaces him in your thoughts much sooner than I have...