Friday, November 28, 2008

Relief

I woke up this morning feeling relieved. I didn't realize how much I was actually dreading the trip to Montreal next weekend. Now I'm free of that obligation. And I'm free to actually enjoy myself this weekend with The Crush without feeling guilty about The Other Guy. And I was feeling guilty about him. I almost felt as though I was cheating on him. I'm still a little sad because he is the first man to make me laugh since I met my former Valentine in 2005. He knew what to say and I was comfortable talking to him. But maybe it was too much too soon and it wouldn't have been sustainable in the long-term. I'm still looking forward to my weekend. And next weekend I might be having spaghetti with Grey. So that's potentially something to look forward to as well. He sent me an email reminding me about our discussion last Thursday on how this thing was doomed from the very beginning because of distance. I'm surprised he even remembered that conversation. Anyway, off to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since the last few posts kind of build to this one, I'll sort of leave a big covering comment here, if that's okay.

First of all, sorry that The Other Guy dumped you. You know that my heart hurts for you without further explanation. Of course, I'm a little jealous that you were at least told! LOL Still, it sounded like things were clicking, and I can't even begin to imagine why he didn't give it more of a chance.

On the plus side, this does seem to clear your thoughts regarding The Crush and allowing that to go wherever it's going to go. And of course, I hope it goes in a great direction.

So I'll end by saying: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on Saturday!