Friday, June 6, 2008

Heading east

I'm going iceberg hunting tomorrow! I really must pack. Okay going to do that now. NOW!

Okay, I'm back. I'm packed. Laundry is done. A/C is turned on. Garbage and recycling are out. Dishes put away. VISA bill paid. Bathroom and kitchen cleaned. Birthday bamboo watered. I have a couple of last minute items to pack after my 5 am shower and then I'll be good to go. I hope I don't forget my poster! The thing is friggin' long. Almost as long as me at just over 4'. The other grad student is definitely flying them back unless I decide to ditch it. At $130 it's not the cheapest item to ditch but I can't imagine I'll need it again and it's a piece of crap anyway.

I really missed Grey the last couple of days. Although I have been looking forward to June for weeks now, I also have a reason to look forward to coming home. If he's not at the airport on the 25th, he had better have a damn good reason. Lying in the hospital attached to an IV would qualify.

For the first time, I'm considering traveling without my journal. I have opted to take Pillars of the Earth on the plane and I hope I don't regret it. I started it months ago and never got into it. But the thought of traveling without a novel scares me more than traveling without my journal. With the laptop and other crap, I don't have space for my journal and I won't pack it in case my checked luggage gets lost. I'm assuming I will have internet access for the most part. And, if not, there will be a series of posts when I return. I only ever write in my journal when things are going horribly wrong anyway. And with two other grad students and a supervisor, I imagine I'll be pretty busy either being bored out of my tree at conference proceedings or trying to surreptitiously duck out of said conference proceedings.

I think it's time to watch the remainder of CSI Miami and then sleep. This time tomorrow, I'll be blogging in Newfieland! Or drunk in Newfoundland. Either is fine with me.

No comments: