Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lab geek

I almost skipped class today. But then I completed my faculty evaluation and realized how great my prof is. He's also one of my co-supervisors. So I decided to go and it was a good class, as usual. It was fun and educational. More of a group discussion than a lecture. And I was strangely energized afterwards. I went to Costco with a friend this evening so I didn't have a full day at school. Which means I didn't get any work done in the lab but I did gang up on him with another of his grad students and we requested a 2-10 mL pipette. At first, he laughed at us but he eventually came around after we offered to raise money through a bake sale. I'm really excited to be getting this pipette as it is going to save me a lot of time down the road. We don't have to do the bake sale but we do have to bake him something. I think I heart him. He really is a great guy. If he were my type, it would be a good thing that he's married.

I'm exhausted today. I'm going to try and take advantage of this window. I have a long couple of days ahead. Grad school is hard.

No comments: