Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Setback

I have suffered a major setback this morning. I woke up at noon after finally falling asleep around 5 am and got an email from my thesis supervisor. He would like me to stay an extra semester to write up and defend. He has offered to pay my tuition in exchange for my training someone on the method I have been using. I won't be able to live in my condo anymore so A's parents have generously offered their place as long as I need it.

I emailed my work supervisors almost immediately about coming back to work full-time, or at least three days a week, this term. I can't imagine spending all of my time writing up my thesis. I'll go mental if I have to do that.

It also means a major curtailment of travel plans. I had planned to spend a couple of weeks in Hong Kong and India followed by at least two weeks in Australia ogling cute surfer boys. While I do have to go to HK and will likely end up spending a few days in India, I think the Australia travel plans will have to be postponed indefinitely. That makes me very sad.

But there's no point getting all weepy about it. I will definitely be needing another pair of longjohns though. The thought of spending a third winter in Toronto makes me want to weep for joy.

1 comment:

Alexandreena said...

Unlike Cristina's on the Danforth, Toronto winters is something I won't be missing.

Your postponement of travel plans makes me sad. But at least you get to go to India and that's fantastic!