Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lonely limbo

I still haven't replied to W. I flip flop back and forth between wanting to see him again and my usual relationship strategy ie panicked flight response.

I didn't see A today although I spoke to her briefly on the phone. She's at a bridal shower tonight. I talked to a good guy friend today about W and he said to be gentle with him. Somehow getting advice from a man doesn't seem quite the same. Especially when said man is super-sensitive, funny, good-macho-manly and happily married. I need to talk to a girlfriend but I feel alone tonight. Even Baby didn't call me back today and Delorean is working tonight so I'm not sure where she went.

My silver capsules arrived today so I spent four hours rolling my filters into tiny little balls. Hopefully my supervisor ships them off to Cornell tomorrow and the results will be back before mid-October. I'm not sure how I'm going to defend this year.

Work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. I know I'm not going to sleep well tonight and it's going to be a long, exhausting day. I just want to stay in bed and watch Pride and Prejudice - the second DVD - and pretend that the world doesn't exist. Maybe I'll do that on Thursday.

No comments: