Thursday, February 21, 2008

Icy puppy walk

I have nothing to write tonight but I'm forcing myself to put some words down here. I don't know why. I'm puppy sitting starting Friday for 10 days. He is the cutest, bounciest, little Wheaton terrier named Charlie. Mr and Mrs Charlie are going to Europe for a few days. Mrs Charlie is almost 4 months pregnant and this is going to be their last trip before the baby comes. This is the couple that hiked Kilimanjaro for their honeymoon!

Tonight I went over there for dinner and to make sure I could get online on their wireless and to iron out the final details. We went for a long walk. Well, it wasn't that long but it felt long because it is so cold out there right now and I didn't have my gloves with me. It's -20 right now with the windchill.

We ended up at Trinity Bellwoods park which was like a giant skating rink. It was a bit treacherous and I was more worried about Mrs Charlie falling. She's almost 4 months pregnant. I'm not sure why Mr Charlie dragged us to the park but I did have a good time. Charlie is so adorable and his little antics almost caused me to wipe out a couple of times but it's hard to get mad at him with his cute little bearded face. He likes to hold the leash in his mouth and he loves to root around in the snow banks. I guess that's just genetic terrier behaviour.

I'm still a bit nervous disciplining him but I think that's more because I'm worried about what Mr Charlie thinks of me. I hope I'll be more comfortable by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty excited about having a puppy for 10 days. It will be a long time before I can get a dog. And it may not be something I can even handle as a single person. So this will give me a better idea. I might even be exhausted after the end of it. X told me that I would be sad to leave Charlie at the end of 10 days but it might also get the puppy longing out of my system.

No comments: