Tuesday, February 27, 2007

He's coming!

He's really coming. He actually booked a flight today. I can't believe he's coming for 12 days. He'll be here in 36 days. I have to admit, after all the credit card drama over the last few days, I didn't think it was going to happen. But he said he would come and he is.

I have spent the last few days telling people about everything that has happened. I even told my mother (!) and she didn't freak out. She apparently hadn't mentioned it to my dad because he didn't bring it up when he called tonight. I didn't say anything to him because he sounded upset and anxious about money and stuff. I guess he'll be the last to know. In terms of the important people in my life, I think there are very few people left to tell.

My Valentine took it badly. I could tell he was angry because he got very quiet and then basically hung up on me. I can't believe that I entertained the idea of being with him for such a long time with so little in return. I wonder if he regrets telling me that he didn't want to visit me because he was afraid we would end up in a relationship? I'm starting to wonder if everything that went before was just to bring me to this point.

Here is a snippet of conversation from late last night.
On my parents' approval:
B: "I'd really like if your parents approved of this."
Me: "Don't hold out for my parents' approval. It's not in my mother's nature to approve of anything. She's not satisfied unless she's judging and criticizing someone else..."
B: "Well, I'm not planning on marrying them, am I?"
...(long pause in which I did a double and then triple-take)...
Me: "You said the M word."
B: "Wow, I did, didn't I? And I didn't even flinch. What have you done to me? I would never have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. Wow."
Me (mental cartwheels): "I have goosebumps right now."

I bought tickets to Phantom of the Opera. It's his favourite musical. I sent him the confirmation email so he'll see it when he wakes up tomorrow. I hope it makes his day.

No comments: