Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quiet time

I took a sick day today. I'm sure, if you read my previous post, you are unsurprised. But I feel much better for having stayed home not doing anything all day except wonder whether my landlady has been paying for cable for 3 years which I have not been getting. I digress. I had a very quiet day. I worked for a bit in the morning but had to go back to bed. I was sitting here at my desk with the heater on, wrapped in a blanket, shivering. Serves me right, I know. But I woke up in the afternoon carrying around a heavy lethargy. I slowly started feeling normal in the evening, even lonely and pathetic for missing my thesis, and I hope this will be the end of the thesis defense exhaustion. I don't know, maybe it will take a bit longer.

Did I mention already that I'm going to Mexico for a week on Sunday? Oh yes, lithe 25-year old bikini bodies. I'm also concerned about spending that much time with people. I'm used to being alone. I'm used to making autonomous decisions and then changing my mind and nobody being the wiser. I hope it will be a fun, relaxing girls trip. And, most of all, I hope I don't return wishing that I had booked a solo trip to Jamaica.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

I hope you have fun in Mexico!

This is unrelated to this post, but when are you and Asshat going to be together?

Seriously people. It's been coming since Harlan's blog. :)

Ms Behaviour said...

Asshat, I'll let you comment on that one :)

Asshat said...

Taryn, she's too clever and charming not to get bored with me quickly, I'm afraid. And I can't get across the lake on my expired passport.

Taryn said...

As evidenced by the upcoming trip to Mexico, Ms. B has a current passport! Plus, yours can be renewed Asshat! Unless you're no longer allowed to have a passport...

Ms. B is very clever and charming, I agree. However, Asshat is just as clever and charming. Don't you think, B? ;)

Ms Behaviour said...

But of course ;) And, if we ran out of things to talk about, we could always play with the dog.