Friday, January 16, 2009

Parental insanity

I said I wasn't going to blog until I got home to Canadia but the parental insanity is driving me up the wall. I know I'm going to miss my parents
when I leave but my dad is driving me up the freakin' wall. He's 69
and seriously getting senile. He follows me from room to room and
won't leave me alone for 2 minutes! I can't even have a conversation
with A when he's home so I call her when he goes out for his
walks or goes to "work". He's retired but still practices a bit.
Every couple of hours I shout at him to stop following me around which, of course, makes me feel guilty but I'm going insane here. And then he conveniently comes up with
some computer problem for me to fix. The last one was that he somehow
turned on the hidden punctuation in Word and couldn't turn it off.
Sheesh. And he asks me every single day if I'm going to shower in the
evening even though I've showered in the morning. As if that's not
enough insanity, I went shopping with my mother yesterday and she's
serious about getting a Wii. My mom! With a Wii?! I'm going mental
here people! Okay, I'm going to bed because I spent most of the day
throwing up. To be fair to both of them, they looked after me this morning when I was puking and pooping which was a really nice change from begging Grey (or some other random guy) to bring me drugs after work. My dad went to the grocery store to get plain white bread so I could eat toast. My mom put a cold towel against my forehead when I was throwing up. My dad gave me drugs. My mom helped me make soup (she had just done her nails so she couldn't actually do it for me). And they let me sleep and monopolize the TV all afternoon and evening. So yes, it was nice to have them around for that and I know it will be harder the next time I'm alone and sick. But still... they're my parents and they're making me batty. I can't wait to get home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might not be so happy to get home when you find out how effing cold it is around here. Last night it was -9 which, I think, is -23 in your language. Besides, when your there, your mom brought you soup, which is more than a certain someone did at a certain other time. Anyway, I hope you feel better.

Ms Behaviour said...

Yeah tell me about it! It's 21 degrees here today and I'm wearing one layer and pretty heels. My mother bought me grey suede mules from 9 West this afternoon which I'm planning to wear out this evening. Grey has never bought me shoes and only taken me out for dinner once which was a total disaster. Maybe I'm not in such a hurry to get home!