Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lonely hump day

I napped when I got home from work. Damn those two glasses of wine. And they were totally a wasted effort. I spent no time alone with The Crush except for when he drove me home. Which is max a 10 minute drive with lights and streetcars and traffic. Sigh. He said he would call me some time this week so we could go for coffee. I have lowered my expectations to expect a late text on Friday night with a location to meet him and his entire familial posse. I don't think I will do that again. I'm tired of his friends and family. I'd like to get to know him and I can't do that when we're surrounded by people I barely know. Also, I was bored last night until I started talking to his friend The Bartender. That coincided roughly with my second glass of wine. He did touch my sleeve once. Is that progress? Unfortunately, I got invited to a Thanksgiving soiree on Saturday evening and I think I have to go. It's potluck so I think I have to cook something too. He said he would let me know. I'm anticipating that will be on Saturday afternoon. I should probably bake my famous apple crumble. That way, even if I don't go, I'll have something I actually want to eat myself for breakfast. The soiree is at a couple's house. They are good friends of The Other Guy. I feel a bit awkward but I'm not sure I can get out of it unless The Crush just doesn't call me. The Other Guy said he might call tonight after he was done making dinner for a friend. But he didn't call. I'm sad. I miss him. He made me laugh via email all day today.

No comments: